ICO Viola Auditions 1/17/24
ICO is pleased to announce the following audition. ICO is committed to welcoming musicians from underrepresented populations.
Section Viola (1 Position)
Auditions to be held Wednesday, January 17, 2024 at the Schrott Center for the Arts, Butler University. (610 W. 46th St. Indianapolis, IN 46208)
- Complete the Google Form HERE.
- Send Resume to email@example.com
- Repertoire List CLICK HERE
- Audition Excerpts CLICK HERE
- No deposit, but we kindly ask for 3 days notice out of respect for the audition committee for cancellation.
Deadline to apply is January 3, 2024. No phone calls please, email only to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Per Service Orchestra – $122.13
- Approximately 50-59 services per year (depending on contract service opportunities)
- 7.2% pension contribution for all services
- Federal mileage rate reimbursement up to $175 per contract engagement for distances more than 75 miles.
- ICO has 7 subscription concerts, 3 parks concerts, 1 education concert, and 1 benefit concert
Why you should apply:
- Exposure to a wide network of contacts
- A close working relationship with Indianapolis Chamber
Orchestra, known for its friendly atmosphere, innovative programming, personable Music Director and Creative Artist in Residence, and its sustained, intentional, commitment to diversity
- Opportunities to tie classical music to community engagement, education, and visual arts
- Space for your creative ingenuity
- Outstanding part-time position!
ICO is proud to be a partner orchestra of the National Alliance for Audition Support (NAAS), an unprecedented national initiative to increase diversity in American orchestras. It will do so by offering Black and Latinx musicians a customized combination of mentoring, audition preparation, financial support, and audition reviews. Learn more at www.auditionalliance.org.
Learn more about ICO’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.